Could you inspire the next generation? Subject Matter Expert Needed in Digital Marketing
Due to continued expansion we are now looking for people with industry experience to inspire and develop the next generation. Currently we need people with experience in:
Experience and qualifications are great but first and foremost we are looking for people with the ability to inspire, motivate and support learners every step of the way.
Whilst we have a base in Invergordon employees can work from home or utilise the office facilities. We are flexible on the days and hours of work and so can support people with caring commitments. Part time or full time considered.
On offer is the ability to work with a friendly and dynamic team. Whilst experience and qualifications are important we want team members who have excellent communication and people skills.
Overview of Role
The key objectives of this role are to:
- To provide subject matter expertise (SME) for a specific qualification framework
- Support candidates to overcome barriers to learning to achieve their qualification
- To develop and build the capacity of the framework to deliver across Scotland
- Take responsibility for your own continuing professional development and ensuring your knowledge and skills are kept up to date.
You will report to the head of delivery Mhairi Quinn.
To provide subject matter expertise (SME) for a specific qualification framework
- Understand the requirements of the qualification framework
- Oversee learning content delivered, make recommendations/suggestions/improvements
- Provide learning workshops to candidates and VLA customers on key topics from the framework
- Support cohorts of candidates to achieve the qualification
- Plan learning, provide assessment opportunities and feedback
- Help candidate overcome barriers to achievement
- Ensure all compliance and quality standards are adhered to and exceeded
- Create or source engaging learning content
- Support the Business Development Manager to make suggestions on how to fill cohorts
- Support expansion in line with the strategic objective of delivery across Scotland
- Develop remote delivery capability
- Provide a yearly evaluation of programme delivery and achievement
Continuing Professional Development
- Gain learning and development qualifications (L&D9di in year 1 and L&D11 in year 2)
- You must either have occupational competence in the framework you support and/or a qualification to support competence. If you have experience and not a qualification, we will support you to gain a relevant qualification.
- Undertake and record professional development activities to demonstrate keeping your knowledge and skills up to date.
- Participate in review of performance through appraisal system.
It is the responsibility of the assessor to promote equal opportunity and recognition of diversity when working in the candidates’ workplace
- The performance of duties must be in full accordance with the centre’s policies and procedures relating to equal opportunity and diversity.
Health and Safety
The post holder will be required to:
- promote health, safety and welfare when conducting assessment
- undertake duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the centre’s Health and Safety policy and procedures
- take reasonable care to safeguard their own safety and that of others with whom they work
Recommended Qualifications & Experience
We are looking for people with the drive, energy and enthusiasm to constantly strive to deliver the best support possible to our candidates. People skills, team work and ability to communicate at all levels are of paramount importance.
Learning & Development qualifications are desirable or the commitment to work towards these is required.
You need to have experience in Digital Marketing. We need people willing and able to deliver on more than one programme where possible.
To become a tutor you need occupational experience in the subject being delivered. A qualification in the topic is preferred but if you are willing to gain this whilst you work we can support this. We are looking for potential first and foremost.
Please email any queries or your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Studying with the VLA
How does it work? Your questions answered!