We’ve got an opportunity…
We have a fantastic opportunity for an individual with excellent interpersonal skills to join our Independent Living Team as Apprentice Administrative Assistant.
In your role you will…
- Meet and greet clients, the public, staff, and volunteers in a positive and welcoming manner.
- Book and make arrangements for meetings across the Area, providing administrative support including note taking and arranging facilities as necessary.
- General administrative and reception duties, post, answering the telephone, emails, preparing general correspondence, etc. in support of area staff.
This will also mean that you…
- Pursue a 12-month Modern Apprenticeship in Business Administration SCQF Level 6
- Commit to spending 20% of contracted hours in off-the-job learning
- Proactively manage your time to complete apprenticeship learning
- Regularly share your apprenticeship learning with colleagues
- Apply your apprenticeship learning to drive continuous improvement
- Participate in the British Red Cross Apprenticeship community
Say hello to the team…
The Independent Living & Crisis Response service (IL/CR) supports people in the space between hospital and home and responds to the needs of people in crisis following an emergency; maintaining an extensive network of external relationships across health, social care, and emergency services.
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to customer service
- Confident in using Microsoft 365 with the ability to create, amend and manipulate documents
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deal with queries in a diplomatic, professional, and confidential manner both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work accurately
- Work experience in an office environment would be great however this is not essential as this is an apprenticeship position.
- Ensures inclusive practice, challenges discrimination and promotes diversity in line with our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) policy.
Closing date for application is 23.59 on the 16th January with interviews to follow.
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, these include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Flexible working policy
Studying with the VLA
How does it work? Your questions answered!