EAL Diploma in Project Management (SCQF8)
Provides a professional qualification for those wishing to embark on a career in Project Management
This is an integrated qualification in Project Management which includes requirements or both technical knowledge and practical competence. Underwritten by the Association of Project Managers (APM) and accredited by EAL it provides a professional qualification for those wishing to embark on a career in Project Management. It is classed as a Higher level technical apprenticeship sitting at SCQF level 8 and is the equivalent to a first year degree.
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification covers the principles of Project Management across sectors and for projects of varying sizes and complexity. It also covers the practice of Project Management through 10 practical units covering subjects such as stakeholder management, communications, scope management, scheduling and financial management. The qualification requires evidence of application of the principles and practical skills in the workplace.
Who is this qualification for?
- Learner who wish to embark on a career as a Project professional
- Learners who are already employed in Project Management but with no professional qualification
Who supports the qualification?
The requirements of this qualification have been defined by both EAL and The Association for Project Management (APM) who are the Professional Body for the Project Management sector.
This qualification is:
- Accredited by SCQF at Level 8
- Supported by employers
- Recognised as meeting the vocational qualification requirements of the Technical Apprenticeship at SVQ Level 4
What could this qualification lead to?
Typical job roles include:
Assistant Project Manager, Trainee Project Manager, Project Manager
This qualification will provide progression onto other suitable and appropriate higher level vocational qualifications or a relevant degree course.
Due to the level of this qualification and the potential complexity of the projects which learners will be expected to evidence whilst completing it, it is expected that they will be at least 18 years old. There are no formal entry requirements, however we will ensure that learners have the potential to achieve this qualification. Learners must have the minimum levels of literacy and numeracy to complete the learning outcomes and the external assessment.
We will also ensure that learners with particular requirements are made aware of the content of the qualification and they will be given every opportunity to successfully complete it. EAL will consider any reasonable suggestions for, and from, those with disabilities that would help them to achieve.
How is the qualification achieved?
Learners will work through all the learning outcomes within the mandatory and optional units.
Assessment is undertaken two ways:
- knowledge requirements are assessed through one written exam and two assignments
- performance requirements are assessed through the collation of a portfolio of evidence
Structure and Content
This qualification is gained on completion of 3 mandatory units and 7 optional units chosen from:
- Principles of project management
- Project stakeholder management
- Project communications
- Business case, project structure and progress monitoring
- Managing project scope
- Managing project schedule
- Managing project finances
- Managing project risk
- Managing project quality
- Managing project resources
- Managing project contracts
- Provide leadership and direction for your own area of responsibility
- Plan, allocate and monitor work in own area of responsibility