Where to find us
Year 1: 70% of the pay band maximum;
Year 2: 75% of the pay band maximum
(uplifted to Scottish Living Wage per annum)
NHS Highland is seeking to recruit a Modern Apprentice to work as part of our Procurement team, providing an effective and efficient supplies service to NHS Highland, and specifically purchasing a range of goods and services which support the provision of healthcare.
This is an exciting opportunity for a school leaver or anyone looking for a fulfilling career, earning a wage whilst studying to gain an industry-recognised qualification. The training programme will be coordinated by the Virtual Learning Academy, and the successful applicant will undertake an SVQ level 2 and/or 3 in Business Administration whilst learning valuable workplace skills and experience.
This role will involve working with colleagues right across NHS Highland, supporting them in all things Procurement and providing technical support across the board.
Working for the NHS offers many advantages, including opportunities for learning and career development whilst offering a fair and transparent pay structure with competitive and flexible benefits. With one of the most generous pension schemes on offer in the UK, you’ll also have unique access to NHS discounts schemes including highincluding high street stores, insurance companies, holiday firms and restaurants.
Ideal candidates will have excellent communications skills, the ability to multitask and prioritise, accurate attention to detail and be able to work as part of a team.
Qualifications required – a minimum of 5 x National 5/intermediate 2 grades at A or B, or standard grade passes at Level 1, 2 or 3 to include English and maths.
Informal contact: Kathleen Lohse- Business and Performance Manager, email: email@example.com
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES
- You should apply for this post by completing the application process on Job Train.
- DO NOT upload a CV as this will not be used for short listing purposes
- Posts close at midnight on the indicated date
- For help to complete an application on Job Train please click on this link https://www.eess.nhs.scot/jobtrain-accessibility-statement/
- Please note that our correspondence method is by e-mail, therefore please ensure you enter your email address accurately
- Please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and also your Job Train account for updates
- Please contact Job Train Candidate Support Hub – https://jobseekersupport.jobtrain.co.uk/support/home for advice and support with any system issues
- We recommend using the Internet Browser “Google Chrome” or “Microsoft Edge” when using Job Train
- Once you have submitted your application form you will be unable to make any amendments
- Some of our vacancies are for internal candidates only. If you are a member of staff, please ensure you update your Job Train profile to reflect that you are employed by NHS Highland