Post: Modern Apprenticeships in Supply Chain Co-ordinator
Organisation: GaelForce Marine
Hours: 35 Hours per week
Contact: Louise Wheeler firstname.lastname@example.org
At Gael Force, we value our people. We are proud of our culture and values stemming from our heritage as a Highlands and Islands company, and our vision to be recognised as a major world-class company in our sector is something our skilled and enthusiastic team of over 200 employees strive towards.
Gael Force Group is a trusted supply partner of equipment, technology and services to aquaculture, commercial fishing and leisure marine markets and we have ambitious growth plans across our group of companies which we would love you to be a part of.
To deliver our growth we want to recruit an ambitious Apprentice Supply Chain Co-Ordinator to be based in Inverness.
We think apprenticeships are a great way to up-skill, combining a qualification with a real job from day one. Whether you’re wanting to learn some new skills or starting a career, an apprenticeship could be the way to go.
We are looking for a candidate who can provide an efficient service to customers whilst developing and maintaining effective relationships with suppliers.
The time it will take to complete your qualification will vary depending on the qualification, but this is usually between 9 – 12 months. You’ll work on your qualification through a mix of e-learning, assignments, tutor sessions, and workshops. You’ll also have the opportunity to get involved in other projects and internal training to help you develop further.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Supply Chain team with administrative tasks.
- Sending quotes, proformas and purchase orders out to customers
- Filing, scanning and photocopying.
- Dealing with telephone, web and email enquiries and passing on messages accurately (when required).
- Dealing with any customer issues and complaints in a helpful and timely manner, reporting to Team Leader when required and in line with company procedures.
- Build good relations with customers and suppliers & provide an efficient smooth service.
- Managing and maintaining stock levels for allocated categories as agreed with line manager
- All other general office duties.
- Studying towards a relevant qualification.
- Liaising with other departments as required
Job Requirements: Key Competencies, Skills, Experience and/or Training:
As a requirement for apprenticeships, we’ll usually ask for a minimum of three Highers (ideally in English and maths), relevant experience will also be useful.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a confident communicator
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet changing daily demands of the role either working alone or as part of a team.
- General computer skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- General administrative skills.
- Strong attention to detail & time management skills.
- Willingness to learn new software applications applicable to the role.
- Adaptable and flexible whilst working in a busy environment.
You will be employed on a fixed term contract for one year. In return for working a 40-hour week we are offering a salary of £14,500 with staff discount and a contributory pension scheme.
You can apply direct online to Gael Force Group via this link or please send us your current CV with a covering letter to email@example.com detailing your reasons for applying and why you would be suitable for this position.
The closing date for applications is 6th March 2022.
Studying with the VLA
How does it work? Your questions answered!