Post: Office Assistant
Organisation: Saffery Champness – Chartered Accountants
Hours: 35 (with flexibility between the core hours of 10-4)
Contact: Send your CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: 09/09/2022
Saffery Champness is a firm of chartered accountants and business advisers. We have over 80 partners and over 700 staff that work from nine offices in the UK, plus offices in Ireland, Guernsey, Switzerland and the UAE.
We are bound by our shared values: ensuring excellence and integrity in the work we undertake and being enthusiastic and collegiate in working together to achieve the very best outcomes for our clients. We value our strong client relationships and genuinely partner-led approach and we place great importance on providing exemplary client service.
We are a member of Nexia International, a leading global network of independent accounting and consulting firms. This network connects us to over 250 member firms in 120 countries across the globe, so we can connect our clients to the best advisers no matter what country their affairs take them to.
Our experts advise a broad range of individuals, their families, businesses and wider interests. The sectors in which we operate include private wealth; owner-managed businesses; real estate; landed estates and rural businesses; sports and entertainment; not-for-profit organisations; and professional firms and consulting businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities listed below are not intended to be exhaustive and may be extended. The individual may also be required to undertake other duties and responsibilities that may assist with the smooth running of the firm or the Inverness office or with the efficiency or commitments of fee-earners:
• Reception duties, answering the telephone and providing hospitality to visitors
• Dealing with the incoming and outgoing posts, including filing and electronic distribution
• Collation and preparation of documents – for meetings, letters, letters of engagement, reports, proofing – all in line with the company’s corporate image policy
• Maintaining the database (Advance)
• Organise confidential filing, client records and archiving
• Monitoring and ordering stationary supplies
• Travel arrangements when needed
• Ad hoc support to the technical team where needed.
• Cover support for other team members.
• Highly organised – able to organise self and those they support.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – become a point of contact in the group and to our internal clients (fee-earners).
• Attention to detail.
• Proactive rather than reactive.
• Be able to prioritise work.
• Keep on top of workloads and deadlines and prioritisation of tasks.
• Discreet and understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
• Willing, positive and flexible attitude.
• Proud to go the extra mile.
• Flexibility and agility in working hours.
• Happy doing basic, repetitive tasks as well as the more exciting/challenging parts.
• Proficient use of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The role would be ideally suited to a school or college leaver looking to start their career in a professional office.
• 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10 am-4 pm
• Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
• Working from the home allowance of £25 a month.
• Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000 for the full year. Paid in December.
• Salary reviews annually in October.
• Twenty-five days annual leave with an additional day added after each year’s service. On 1 January, after 1 year’s service, the entitlement will be increased by 7 hours and thereafter by a further 7 hours following completion of 2, years’ service, giving a maximum of 175 hours after 2 years’ service.
• In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) of holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
• Six-month probationary period.
• Life assurance cover of four times salary,
• Private Medical – Staff have access to a private medical scheme through the flexible benefits programme.
• Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with an employee from their date of joining)
• Access to several additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefits programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
Studying with the VLA
How does it work? Your questions answered!